Join David Rives (host) as he welcomes Dr. Terry Mortenson to talk about “Does The Bible Indicate That The Universe Is Old?”
If you watched the program and want related material, we have a book. Just click the photo and links below to go to our store.
CLICK HERE to check out “THE GREAT TURNING POINT – The Church’s Catastrophic Mistake on Geology – Before Darwin” Book in the Creation Superstore
Many people in the church today think that “young-earth” creationism is a fairly recent invention, popularized by fundamentalist Christians in the mid-20th century. Is this view correct?
Answers in Genesis scholar Dr. Terry Mortenson presents his fascinating original research that documents a different story. With illuminating attention to detail, Mortenson discusses:
- The men who invented the idea of millions of years
- The beliefs of the “pre-Darwin” church regarding the age of the earth
- The origins of the gap theory, day-age theory, local flood theory, etc.
- The “scriptural geologists” and their arguments against old-earth geological theories
- The real source of the idea of millions of years (it is not science)
This book details the early 19th century origin of the idea of millions of years and the Christian men who opposed that idea.